Jacqueville, Cote d‘Ivoire
The first F-class gas turbine in Sub-Saharan Africa
Siemens Energy has signed an agreement with Spanish EPC contractor TSK to provide the company’s highly efficient energy technology and services to Atinkou (formerly known as Ciprel V), a new combined cycle power plant to be built in Jacqueville, Côte d'Ivoire. Owned by ATINKOU S.A., a subsidiary of Eranove, the power plant will have an installed capacity of 390 MW in combined cycle.
Insight from the Sales Team
Key ingredients of the successful sale of this project were the close collaboration with the EPC TSK and with the IPP Atinkou and long-term focus and continuous communication between the different sales teams. Now it’s up to the project management teams to turn it into reality.Elena Piron, Head of Finance BU Generation West- and Central Africa & Commercial sales manager at Siemens Energy
- Meet Cote d’Ivoire target to become a regional energy hub for West Africa
- Support the region’s vision of clean, high-quality, and affordable energy
- Reduce carbon emissions in the energy sector
- Siemens Energy has provided one SGT5-4000F gas turbine and one SST5-3000 steam turbine, each along with a generator, condenser and an SPPA-T3000 control system for the new Combined Cycle Power Plant Atinkou.
- A comprehensive 12-year long-term service agreement (LTSA) has been signed between the end customer ATINKOU S.A. and Siemens Energy.
- We improve access to reliable and affordable energy in West Africa by producing 390 MW of electricity for regional households and industries
- We participate to the economic growth and prestige of Cote d’Ivoire by providing the first highly efficient F-class gas turbine of the Sub-Saharan region and most efficient natural gas fired power plant in the region.
- The SGT5-4000F gas turbine provides low power generation costs, long intervals between inspections, and a service-friendly design to meet the region needs of reliable supply in electricity.
- We help reducing the carbon footprint from power generation in the area.
- We provide remote monitoring and support during a 12-year period thanks to the LTSA.