Pretact® – The well established transformer resilience concept now available for the complete transmission product portfolio – for even more grid stabilityMaximum grid resilience is the target of all utilities, generators and transmission operators worldwide. Siemens has developed a concept to achieve this target based on the three pillars “PREVENT”, “PROTECT”, and “REACT”. It comprises a comprehensive set of modular features to prevent and protect transformers and high-voltage products better from operational issues as well as against natural disasters or forced outages. In addition, highly flexible “mobile resilience units” provide a chance to react quickly in case of an emergency or planned outages like maintenance.
Prevent operational issues
Sustainable materials, increased transparency and longer lifetime
Siemens offers extremely reliable transmission products at the highest level of innovation. With the “blue portfolio” of switchgear products and ester insulation for transformers customers can not only increase sustainability but also achieve operational benefits like less maintenance, higher fire safety and longer lifetime.
In addition Siemens offers a complete service portfolio including condition monitoring assessment and preventative maintenance. Retrofit and repair services can also help to extend the lifetime of transmission products and lower operational risks.
Eco-transparency – Blue Portfolio
Protect against natural disasters and forced outages
Highly resistant protective measures and protection equipment
Siemens offers tailor-made protective measures. Some of them can even be installed in products that are already connected to the grid.
For transformers for example Siemens developed bullet-resistant protectors. Non-magnetic steel inserts prevent overheating and ensure that the transformer is GIC-safe.
Besides Siemens air-insulated switchgear products and bushings can be equipped with composite insulators. Protection equipment like surge arresters and coils provide various application related benefits such as enhancing network reliability and safety, extending equipment life and increasing transmission capacity.
React to emergencies and temporary outages
A mobile first-aid kit
In the case of a blackout being unavoidable, Siemens Transmission Products has designed a strategy beyond replacement.
Plug & Play concepts to reestablish energy flow after breakdown in the shortest time period possible for:
- Mobile Transformers and reactors
- Mobile Gas-insulated switchgears
- Power voltage transformers (measurement and auxiliary power supply)
Spare product concepts at customer sites for specific products e.g. AIS and GIS also reduce outage times significantly.
Mobile Resilience Transformers
Mobile Resilience Transformers are out-of-the-box products that can also be tailor-made as customers are used to for regular power transformers. In principle, all existing innovations within the design portfolio of Siemens Transmission Products are available.
- A comprehensive concept to increase grid resilience and network stability
- To prevent, protect and react at the entire energy value chain (end to end)
- Modular feature and solution architecture to meet almost all regional or application needs, combining approved technologies and latest innovations
- The right choice for emergencies, retrofit, upgrades and new installations for your intermediate or long-term solution to network stability challenges
- Ecofriendly transformers and switchgear products for highly populated as well as rural areas
- Save time and money while enjoying perfect peace of mind in terms of grid resilience