Compressor Mass Flow Increase (CMF+)
Valid for following frames: SGT5-2000E (V94.2), SGT6-2000E (V84.2)
Increased gas turbine power output of up to 3 % in simple cycle duty.
Higher combined cycle power output and lower heat rate due to increased exhaust mass flow.
The Compressor Mass Flow Increase includes the 3D airfoil profile modification of the first four rows of compressor blades and vanes including the inlet guide vane and instrumentation and control adaptations. This upgrade has been designed to increase mass flow for higher power output and exhaust energy from your gas turbine.
The Compressor Mass Flow Increase provides significant performance advantages and offers attractive financial payback options.
The Compressor Mass Flow Increase upgrade can be a cost-effective means to help you improve the overall performance of your gas turbine and combined cycle power plant.
Benefits may include:
- Increased gas turbine power output of up to 3% in simple cycle duty *
- Higher combined cycle power output and lower heat rate due to increased exhaust mass flow.
The modified airfoil profile is state-of-the-art for new Siemens gas turbines of all V-frames manufactured since July 2005.
* Actual results may vary.
Scope of Supply
The Compressor Mass Flow Increase upgrade from Siemens is just one of the many innovative modernization packages available.
The scope of this upgrade includes:
- Replacement of the IGV, blades 1 & 2, vane 1
- New inlet guide vane modification
- Instrumentation and control modification for surge control
- New Inlet Guide Vane position sensor
- SGT6-2000E only: Thermal Barrier Coating (TBC) on turbine stage 1 and 2 (if not present)
We recommend that the installation of this upgrade be performed at a major outage. We offer a full range of field service capabilities to help you manage your maintenance and outage schedules.