GT Start Gradient Optimization
Valid for following frames: SGT5-4000F (V94.3A)
Increase of gas turbine start-up load gradient to a maximum value of 30 MW/min
Loading of gas turbine from synchronization to baseload in less than 10 minutes
Reduced gas consumption per start
The implementation of the Start Gradient Optimization is designed to help increase the power on demand capability of your power plant and therefore to support you in offering reliable grid support. The resulting faster start-up times were achieved by the release of higher starting gradients for the gas turbine. The ability to start more quickly decreases net fuel consumption during startup and supports you in staying competitive in challenging market conditions. The new start gradient depends on the technology level of your gas turbine as well as on site-specific conditions.
The Start Gradient Optimization upgrade provides significant performance advantages and offers potential additional revenue for your power plant.
The Start Gradient Optimization upgrade can offer you a technical and economical benefit and may help you improve the overall performance of your power plant.
Benefits of this upgrade may include:
- Increase of gas turbine start-up load gradient to a maximum value of 30 MW/min
- Loading of gas turbine from synchronization to baseload in less than 10 minutes
- Reduced gas consumption per start
- Combined cycle start times less than 30 minutes may be achievable in combination with other Flex-Power ServicesTM e.g. Hot Start on the Fly upgrade or Advanced Fast Loading
Scope of Supply
The scope of this upgrade includes:
- Changed loading settings for gas turbine startup incl. tuning of balance of plant controls
- Compressor improvements may be necessary Assessment of combustion system capabilities can result in requirement of combustion dynamics analyzing system Advanced Stability Margin Controller (ASMC) and combustion system upgrade e.g. cooling air reduction and HR3 reduced swirl burners