Service Package 4
Valid for following frames: SGT5-4000F (V94.3A)
Increased gas turbine efficiency of up to 0.5 %-pts. in simple-cycle operation
Lower carbon monoxide emissions during part load and base load operation
The Service Package 4 upgrade combines upgrades of proven technology among which improved blade design and enhanced combustion technology. It has been developed utilizing extensive field experience and advances in design technologies to help maximize the benefits to be offered to you.
The Service Package 4 includes following measures:
- Compressor Mass Flow Increase with modified 3D airfoils of the inlet guide vane and the first two stages of compressor blades and vanes. For the operation with increased mass flow several instrumentation and control improvements are included in the upgrade scope.
- Turn Down upgrade intended to increase the operational range of the plant in part load operation while maintaining plant carbon monoxide emissions limit.
- Hydraulic Clearance Optimization: shifting the rotor against flow direction to minimize the turbine clearances during base load operation.
- Cooling Air Reduced (CAR): combustion chamber to minimize cooling air consumption
- Burner Upgrade designed to improve combustion stability during part load and base load operation in combination with CAR and to lower the nitrogen oxide emissions during base load operation
- Fuel Gas Preheating to enable more efficient fuel gas usage due to increased combined cycle efficiency.
- The Service Package 4 provides significant performance advantages and offers attractive financial payback options.
The Service Package 4 upgrade offers you a clearly technical and monetary quantifiable benefit and can be a cost-effective means to help you improve the overall performance of your gas turbine and combined cycle power plant integrating various technical solutions.
Benefits may include:
- Increased gas turbine power output of up to 3 % in simple-cycle operation *
- Higher combined cycle power output
- Increased gas turbine efficiency of up to 0.5 %-pts. in simple-cycle operation *
- Lower fuel consumption costs
- Lower carbon monoxide emissions during part load and base load operation at constant turbine inlet temperatures
- Reduction of sulfur deposits inside the burner fuel gas system which can occur at fuel gas temperatures higher than 60°C.
* Subject to specific technical plant evaluation, expected values with test tolerances @ ISO condition
The Service Package 4 measures are state-of-the-art for new Siemens Gas Turbines of the frame type SGT5-4000F (V94.3A) manufactured since July 2005.
The Service Package 4 upgrade is able for retrofit your SGT5-4000F (V94.3A) gas turbine.
Scope of Supply
The Service Package 4 upgrade from Siemens is just one of the many innovative modernization packages available.
The scope of this upgrade includes:
- New inlet guide vane and the first two stages of compressor blades and vanes
- New hydraulic inlet guide vane actuator and position sensor
- New combined axial and radial compressor bearing with hydraulic axial shifting device and required hydraulic pump skid
- Cooling air reduced combustion chamber with improved cooling air pattern, new impingement cooled tile holders and optimized ceramic heat shields
- Premix-Pilot burner with reduced swirl
- Auxiliary systems for modified inlet guide vane adjusting device, hydraulic clearance optimization, two stage burner operation, and the fuel gas preheating equipment
- Instrumentation and control modifications.
We recommend that the installation of this upgrade be performed at a major outage. Siemens Power Service offers a full range of field service capabilities to help you manage your maintenance and outage schedules.
The Service Package 4 upgrade with the above mentioned scope of supply is applicable for the SGT5-4000F (V94.3A) frame and can be combined with other modernizations.