ROMS – Remote Operation & Maintenance Support
Total Plant Operation Expertise – anytime and anywhere
Gas turbine-driven power plants are complex systems and operation can be challenging for the crew, especially when trouble occurs. What if you could get 24/7 support from an expert team with extensive know-how of total plant operation and troubleshooting? Siemens Energy Remote Experts will help you stay online or quickly get you back on the grid.
ROMS key benefits
Speed: Faster troubleshooting
- Immediate access to all data in T3000 – real time
- See what operator sees at the same moment
- Access to functional drawings, including dynamization
Safety: Compliant with cybersecurity standards
- ISO 27001 certified (IT and information security)
- Read-only access
- Proven remote connection via Siemens cRSP
- Large gas-fired plants
- Siemens turbines
- Open and Combined cycle
- Basic: Case by case 24/7 hotline for occasional use
- Advanced: Flat rate 24/7 hotline for frequent use
- Premium: Add-on for proactive online backing of operator
Both packages provide on-call support for issues during daily operation of the entire power plant. Customer's operator can call the Remote Center for support.
Remote Support Expert gives advice to customer's on-site operator.
Customer's on-site operator transfers advice into local action.
- When called by the customer, Remote Expert will connect to T3000 - DCS via remote access (read-only) over secure cRSP connection to have same view as on-site operator in real time.
- Audio and video connection is set up with on-site operator by use of Connected Worker which optional in scope.
- 1st level analysis of issues and problem solving starts.
- 2nd level expertise will be involved on demand.
- Fastest way to troubleshoot problems in entire plant operations
- Accelerated solving of issues increases reliability of plant
- Supplement of on site know-how for safe and reliable operation
- Expert opinion on plant status
- Exclusive access to Siemens O&M and Engineering know-how
- Two payment models to cover different support demand
This package provides proactive on-line backing of the plant operator on site. Can be booked on demand in addition to a Basic or Advanced Package.
A Siemens Remote Expert is permanently connected to the plant to monitor and assist operation, especially startups, shutdowns, load changes, and non-daily operation.
Helps also to ensure operation after long outages, after implementation of technical changes in critical systems and for training of new operators.
- Always connected to control system via T3000 - DCS remote access (read-only) over secure cRSP connection to have same view as on-site operator.
- Plant operator can immediately connect to the Siemens Remote Experts in case of questions.
- Carefully observing the correct and safe operation of the plant and contacting the plant operator immediately when action is needed from Remote Expert's perspective, to avoid impact on the power plant production.
- Any issue detected will be immediately (online) advised to the customer’s operator(s) for taking fast action.