Accelerate your additive manufacturing journey with Siemens Energy expertiseBuilding on over a decade of experience as an advanced user of metal additive applications, Siemens Energy can also support our external customers with AM parts and solutions. Our expertise in design and simulation is grounded in the successful qualification and industrialization of functional additive components.
Dual business model as user and provider of additive services
Customer's added value: Combined skills of leading AM design company and AM service providerBy combining our decades of expertise in designing high-performance gas turbine parts with our outstanding manufacturing experience with 3D printing in all high-tech industries, we're able to deliver unique solutions to our customers that couldn't be achieved using conventional methods.
- More than 10 years of AM design and simulation experience
- 50+ qualified AM components for serial manufacturing
- >1,500,000 operating hours of AM parts in our own gas turbine fleet
- Extensive AM material database
- Designs based on the highest standards for power generation and transmission and oil and gas
- More than 15 years of experience with laser powder-bed fusion technology
- Multiple years of experince with printing design optimization
- State of the art fully automated AM factories with more than 30 metal LPBF printers
- Serving multiple high-end industries including aerospace, racing, aviation, and energy
- Experienced in prototyping, small-series, and high-volume
Our highly experienced AM design engineers support you with designs for additive manufacturing, part performance optimization, and special applications for all industries and a variety of printing technologies.
Qualifying the printing processes and parts and defining the quality assurance procedures are the final steps in industrial grade serial production. Make it happen with our help.
L-PBF process chain: each step qualified for serial production
Full end-to-end process definition, including design optimization, process qualification, post processing, and quality assurance – to get the highest-performing part at the lowest cost in serial manufacturing.
AM material data servicesSiemens Energy produced a tremendous amout of material data over the last decades for conventional and AM materials that can be leveraged to reduce customer's development costs and accelerate AM programs.
We have an extended data set available for a variety of materials, including AM process parameters.
We can set up entire material programs to fully qualify materials and prepare external certifications for our customers.
Learning and educationWe can support you create an enterprise training solution that's appropriate for your business. From engaging executive stakeholders to developing advanced design to build additive expertise - we have a full portfolio of courses and workshops to support your teams' learning and development needs.
Training with your own components
- Interactive workshops using customer parts
- Support by Siemens Energy experts with multiple years of AM expertise
- Full knowledge transfer to educate our customers' engineers
- Fully tailored to our customers' needs
Online classes via our partner network
AM part failure analysis: What went wrong?
You'll learn how to successfully:
- Identify fast assessment strategies for print defects
- Analyze use cases to minimize printing risks
- Discuss efficient AM design methods to reduce iterations
- Think critically to perform root-cause analysis on a failed print
Who should attend?
- Engineering teams at design and manufacturing firms as well as individuals
- Early- to mid-career engineers, including design engineers, materials engineers, manufacturing engineers, and others with an interest in design for metal additive manufacturing
Classroom or virtual training
- 1-day executive training and overview of metal L-PBF
- 4-day advanced L-PBF training
- Fused deposition modeling for tooling and post-processing
- Individual training programs developed to meet customer needs