HVDC technology is ideally suited to support and improve the sustainability, efficiency, and reliability of power supply systems.
High-voltage direct current transmission systems supplement the existing AC infrastructure through
- highly efficient long-distance power transmission
- grid access for onshore and offshore
- renewables transnational grid connections
- provision of fully controlled power supply in either direction
- the connection of asynchronous grids and grids with different frequencies
- performance improvements and firewalling of AC grids against cascading blackouts
A pioneer in HVDC technology, Siemens Energy provides a comprehensive portfolio of efficient and sustainable solutions in all fields of application for HVDC technology.