Brownfield Exchange (BEX)
A Tailored Solution for your Plant.
As the energy landscape still is uncertain in terms of pace of the transformation, the modernization of an existing gas-fired power plant has become more feasible from an investment perspective than a greenfield project. Siemens Energy can support you with this modernization by offering BEX. BEX is a solution customized to your needs with the goal of enhancing performance while keeping overall capital spending at an optimized level.
- Maintain existing steam cycle
- Modify filter house, exhaust channel, foundation and generator if needed to fit a new gas turbine package (gas turbine including auxiliary systems and I&C)
- Custom scope for each customer / request to deliver the best possible value proposition
Energy transition: modernizing existing power plants
The transitioning energy landscape: Brownfield Exchange
The modernization of an existing gas-fired power plant has become more feasible from an investment perspective than a greenfield project. Our experts show ways how to achieve that.
Features and Benefits
While It needs to be verified and quantified on case-by-case basis, the key benefits associated with this new service are as follows:
- Improved efficiency
- Increased power output
- Significant savings on fuel cost and reduction of CO₂ footprint
- Reduced emissions
- Quick start and cyclic capability
- Great possibility to optimize and prolong TBO by selling and implementing FlexLTP and dynamic lifing
- Fuel flexibility with DLE technology and high focus on renewable fuels (Existing DLE Hydrogen capabilities (% Volume):
Making a power plant future fit - a tailor-made solution for BASF
As the site expands and develops, a BASF chemical park in Germany will have an increased energy demand. With a focus to become climate neutral until 2050. How can it grow more sustainably?
In general, it is applicable for all oOEM units, where customer requirements can be met.