Dry Gas Seals Upgrade
Increase efficiency, reliability and sustainability.
Our goal is to minimize your ongoing wet oil seal costs, unscheduled downtime and resulting productivity losses. Currently, there are thousands of centrifugal compressors installed globally that predate advanced Dry Gas Seal (DGS) technology and run with wet oil seals, which require costly maintenance and cause parasitic power losses due to oil shear and drag.
The Dry Gas Seals employed in Siemens Energy centrifugal compressors represent a significant advance in shaft sealing. This state-of-the-art solution will help by eliminating the ongoing maintenance costs associated with wet oil seals and thereby greatly increases equipment reliability and efficiency. The design of the Dry Gas Seal ensures best overall compressor performance as well as emission reduction for increased sustainability.
Why Choose Siemens Energy Dry Gas Seals?
- Cost reduction and productivity increase through depletion of unscheduled shutdowns
- Ability to conduct rotor dynamics studies to increase rotor stability
- State-of-the-art-design which allows for hassle-free installation
- Elimination of seal oil consumption, leakages and contamination and other ongoing associated maintenance costs
- Global Siemens Energy network of service centers, providing you a single point of contact for compressor maintenance and troubleshooting
- Seal and compressor design from a single source ensuring best overall compressor performance
- API 692 compliant
The heart of the DGS is a pair of rings. A stationary ring is held against a rotating ring by spring pressure. The contact face of the rotating ring incorporates special fil-riding geometries in the form of groves or tapered lands on the outer portion.
- Patented bi-directional groove design
- Patented rotating seat centering
- Liquid Phase Sintered Silicon Carbide
- In-house Theoretical Gas Film Modeling
- Single-DGS - for restrictive applications
- Double DGS - for lower pressure applications where zero emissions are a must
- Tandem DGS - When a lower emission and high-pressure tolerant solution is needed (optional without intermediate labyrinth)
- Carbon Ring Separation Seal - for protecting Dry Gas Seals from bearing oil ingress
- Carbon Ring Process Seal - for minimizing clean gas flow and for maintaining clean process side environment
A Dry Approach to Centrifugal Compressor Emissions Mitigation
myAdvisor - Modernizations and Upgrades for your Rotating Equipment
myAdvisor is an online service that provides digital support for our modernization and upgrade products. By inputting key machine information, such as ‘Machine Type’, ‘Industry’, ’Operational Profile’ and ‘Year of Installation’, myAdvisor can identify potential improvements, specific to your rotating equipment. Any potential improvement possibilities that are highly recommended for your equipment are clearly displayed. Additional recommended offerings can be viewed and displayed by your operational priorities.