We offer live tank and dead tank circuit breakers as well as hybrid solutions combining different functions in a compact design, such as our Dead Tank Compact (DTC) and our Disconnecting Circuit Breaker (DCB). All of our products from 72.5 kV up to 1100 kV are manufactured based on our proven modular design and are available with porcelain or composite insulators.
Ready for your Day Zero?
With our Blue portfolio of innovative switchgear technology, you can reduce your global warming impact to zero. That means zero F-gases, zero greenhouse gas emissions and zero harm to the environment.
- Over 100 years of operating experience
- Many years of experience with special applications, e.g. in extremely hot and cold temperatures, or in the event of earthquakes
- Close customer contact and quick accessibility thanks to our global production network and 24-hour service
- A strong platform concept for interrupter units and operating mechanisms ensures competitive prices as well as low maintenance and training costs
- Everything from a single source: installation, maintenance, training, technical advice
- Replacement parts and maintenance accessories for all Siemens Energy circuit breakers available for at least 25 years after delivery
- Extremely low gas leakage rate of less than 0.1% per year (IEC requires a maximum of 0.5% per year)
- All Siemens Energy breakers have a 12 year inspection / 25 year maintenance cycle, minimizing your total cost of ownership! No adjustments or maintenance to the operating mechanism are required for life of the unit
All Siemens Energy high-voltage circuit breakers are designed in a well proven modular platform concept. This leads to a wide variety of breaker types and strong flexibility with regard to various applications according to our customers’ requirements as well as high availability at eminently competitive price.
The main components, such as the operating mechanism, control system, base frame, kinematic chain and insulator designs are identical and based on decades of manufacturing and operating experience – and are also used in our GIS switchgear range.
Our complete 3AP family up to 800 kV and above relies on our arc-quenching principles, either the self-compression or the dynamic self-compression principle using the thermal energy of the arc. Siemens patented this method of arc quenching in 1973 and has continued to develop the technology of the self-compression interrupter unit ever since.
Stored-energy spring drive mechanism
The drive concept of the 3AP circuit breaker family is based on the patented stored-energy spring principle. The mechanism types differ in terms of the number, size and arrangement of the opening and closing springs. Both the opening and closing springs are located inside the operating mechanism, thereby achieving a simple and sturdy device.
Advantages of the stored-energy spring mechanism:
- Same principle for rated voltages from 72.5 kV up to 800 kV
- High reliability thanks to low operating energy (10,000 operating cycles guaranteed)
- Reliable, economical and durable due to uncomplicated and robust construction with few moving parts
- Controllable switching state at all times
- Easy access to springs as they are not integrated in SF6 compartments
- Maintenance-free for 25 years or 6,000 operation cycles
|Characteristics of composite insulators: