Ready for your Day Zero?
With our Blue portfolio of innovative switchgear technology, you can reduce your global warming impact to zero. That means zero F-gases, zero greenhouse gas emissions and zero harm to the environment.
Our circuit breaker technologyThe technology of our products sets international trends. We continuously ensure our high quality through optimized production processes, constant product development and a certified quality management system.
Vacuum interrupters form the backbone of our 3AV1 Blue portfolio. Based on more than 40 years of experience in medium-voltage range and more than 6 million delivered vacuum interrupters, Siemens Energy has introduced this proven technology to high-voltage power networks in 2010. This game-changing technology offers several advantages:
Our complete 3AP family up to 1100 kV relies on our arc-quenching principles, either the self-compression or the dynamic self-compression principle using the thermal energy of the arc. Siemens patented this method of arc quenching in 1973 and has continued to develop the technology of the self-compression interrupter unit ever since.
The drive concept of the 3AP circuit breaker family is based on the patented stored-energy spring principle. The mechanism types differ in terms of the number, size and arrangement of the opening and closing springs. Both the opening and closing springs are located inside the operating mechanism, thereby achieving a simple and sturdy device.
Advantages of the stored-energy spring mechanism:
- Same principle for rated voltages from 72.5 kV up to 800 kV
- High reliability thanks to low operating energy (10,000 operating cycles guaranteed)
- Reliable, economical and durable due to uncomplicated and robust construction with few moving parts
- Controllable switching state at all times
- Easy access to springs as they are not integrated in SF6 compartments
- Maintenance-free for 25 years or 6,000 operation cycles
All Siemens Energy high-voltage circuit breakers are designed in a well proven modular platform concept. This leads to a wide variety of breaker types and strong flexibility with regard to various applications according to our customers’ requirements as well as high availability at eminently competitive price.
The main components, such as the operating mechanism, control system, base frame, kinematic chain and insulator designs are identical and based on decades of manufacturing and operating experience – and are also used in our GIS switchgear range.
- Blue live tank and dead tank circuit breakers up to 145 kV with Zero F-gases and Zero GWP
- Over 100 years of operating experience up to 1100 kV, also with special applications, e.g. extreme temperatures, earthquakes
- Strong platform concept for main components ensures competitive prices and low maintenance and training costs
- Everything from a single source: installation, maintenance, training, technical advice, 24-hour customer support & service
- Spare parts and maintenance accessories for all circuit breakers available for at least 25 years after delivery
- Extremely low gas leakage rate of less than 0.1% per year (IEC requires a maximum of 0.5% p.a.)
- All breakers have a 12 year inspection / 25 year maintenance cycle, minimizing your total cost of ownership!