Our goal is to build a decarbonized and sustainable future together with our customers
The SGT-9000HL turbine can help you reduce your carbon footprint now while looking to the future, all while providing fast, reliable energy production.
Let's energize society.
Check out the HL turbine’s vital numbers
HL Power for the USA
At the Duke Energy Lincoln Combustion Turbine Station in North Carolina, world-record power output and ramping speed allows the HL turbine to power more than 300,000 homes, and complement fluctuating renewables like never before, meeting power demands when wind or solar power can’t. Check out the links below for more information!
More about the the inaugural HL projectTechnological advances, close collaboration, and an innovative agreement were all needed to bring the dream to fruition and see the first HL turbine installed successfully. Visit the following links to learn more about the project and how it’s a great accomplishment within the energy transition:
HL Power for the UK
A vital step in the UK’s journey to net zero, SSE Thermal’s Keadby 2 Power Station in North Lincolnshire has officially entered commercial operations. Equipped with the SGT5-9000HL, it’s the most efficient plant of its type in the UK and Europe.
HL Power for Romania
Replacing the capacity of an old coal-fired plant, the Mintia combined cycle power plant in Romania will reduce CO2 emissions by more than 50 percent when completed.
Delivering the future
Hear how the HL-class can support your decarbonization journey
Supporting energy around the worldClick on the links below for short videos highlighting where the SGT-9000HL will provide power generation.
Your journey to decarbonization
There is not just one solution which will produce enough power and meet net zero emissions targets. A mix of new technologies, including high output and fuel-flexible options like the SGT-9000HL, are paving the way to sustainable energy. Whether you’re switching from coal to gas, to higher efficiency solutions, or to low- and no-carbon fuels, we’re with you on this journey. Integrating with renewables and carbon capture storage technologies are also ways the SGT-9000HL can help you drive the energy transition.
Visit our HL Technical Pages
Ease that you deserve
Complementing the HL gas turbine, our innovative GT Auxiliary Integrated Package (AIP) provides you with smart, streamlined construction and servicing.
- 20K hours saved in construction
- Fully electrically integrated
- 95% of all inline components integrated
- Fast Stack modules give assurance of fit-up in the field
- Modules are truck shippable
- Design fully developed in-house, built to print
- Allows for maintenance during operation
- Lighting system integrated
Service for your solution
- Industry leading service intervals for advanced gas turbines with the first outage at 33,000 EBH / 1,250 ES
- Ability to rotor de-stack on site and no rotor inspection recommended until 200,000 EBH/ 5,000 RES for hours based units
- Minimized outage durations through pre-designed serviceability features of the package and engine, for example, the capability to perform a Combustion Inspection + Row 1 Outage requiring no turbine cover lift instead of a traditional Hot Gas Path Inspection
- The frame is fully integrated into Siemens Energy service concept offerings