STARON bushings for IEEE market
For applications from 25 kV to 500 kV, up to 3000 A
With the STARON bushing we want to introduce a more cost efficient solution, fully reflecting the technical requirements of IEEE standard and qualified for renewable energy applications.
Type STARON according to IEEE C57.19.01-2017STARON is the new generation of oil-impregnated paper (OIP) bushings, designed and tested according to IEEE C57.19.01-2017 and IEEE C57.19.00-2004. The portfolio is available from 25kV up to 500kV system voltages in the most common current ratings.
- Qualified for cyclic thermal loading, solar and wind farm applications
- No venting of bushings before transformer testing allowing faster process time for OEMs
- High electrical and thermal margins.
- Partial discharge free under rapid cooling conditions
- High seismic qualification performed through shake table test
- Qualified for optional ambient temperature down to -60°C.
- Customized solutions to answer customers specific requirements
- Prevent the formation of gas bubbles
- Draw lead adapters allow replacement of old draw lead bushings without modification of the existing stud/bolt & cable.
- Anti-syphon system allows horizontal transportation, storage with no resting time for operation.
- Air side insulator: porcelain or composite insulator are cemented into the flange for increased cantilever withstand capability.
- Oil side epoxy insulator providing high impact resistance and reduced size.Embedded end shield in the epoxy eliminates external shielding in draw lead applications up to 230kV and provides capability to reduce distance to grounded parts.
- Local bushing inventory maintained on stock for quick delivery requirement
- Product already homologated by US local utilities