STARON bushings for IEEE market
For applications from 25 kV to 500 kV, up to 3000 A
With the STARON bushing we want to introduce a more cost efficient traditional solution, fully reflecting the technical requirements of IEEE standard.
Type STARON according to IEEE C57.19.01-2017STARON is the new generation of oil-impregnated paper (OIP) bushings, designed and tested according to IEEE C57.19.01-2017 and IEEE C57.19.00-2004. The portfolio is available from 25kV up to 500kV system voltages in the most common current ratings.
- Air side insulator: porcelain cemented into the flange for increased cantilever withstand capability or composite silicon insulator
- Oil side epoxy insulator providing high impact resistance and reduced size
- Embedded end shield in the epoxy insulator eliminates external shielding in draw lead applications up to 230 kV and provides greater internal clearances
- High electrical and thermal margins
- Horizontal transportation and storage
- Qualified for optional ambient temperature down to -60°C
- Full portfolio available from 25 kV to 500 kV
- STARON bushings are designed according to latest IEEE standard revisions and customer expectations linked to market evolution, in addition to long experience and feedback gained in the IEC business
- The design philosophy of STARON considers the most stringent voltage levels between IEC and IEEE and creates superior design in the dimensional requirements of the IEEE standard
- STARON is the perfect solution to fit on your transformer or reactor applications, either for new installation or replacement of an existing bushing
- Draw lead adapters to allow replacement of old draw lead bushings without modification of the existing stud/bolt & cable
- Customizable solution for specific operating conditions