Solutions for Fugitive Methane Emissions
Minimizing Methane Emissions
Natural gas production, processing, transportation and distribution are responsible for a significant proportion of the fugitive methane emissions world-wide that is attributed to the Oil and Gas industry. Minimizing fugitive methane is critical for reducing methane’s impact on the environment as a potent Green House Gas (GHG). The solutions we offer minimize methane emissions from the equipment by design, and enable capturing and re-using up to 100% of the methane leakage from rotating machinery, helping you achieve your sustainability goals.
RFA Compressors Minimize Emissions by Design
Our high efficiency RFA centrifugal compressors are single stage overhung designs requiring only one dry gas seal, thereby minimizing fugitive methane emissions at source. With an axial flow inlet and industry leading efficiencies of up to 91% (polytropic), these energy-efficient compressors need less fuel or electricity to operate. This reduces the overall scope 1 and 2 emissions footprint of your operations.
- Guaranteed primary seal leakage as low as 1-1.5 SCFM
- Single dry gas seal minimizes fugitive methane emissions, and reduces the recompression required to capture and reinject the gas
- Efficient and proven technology achieving up to 91% flange-to-flange polytropic efficiency
- Standard casings, bearings and seals for ease of spares management and future re-rating
- Unique value adding options within standard frames including custom-designed aero flow paths for maximizing efficiency, variable inlet geometry for broad operating maps, and noise reduction arrays
- Compact, rugged units weighing only two-thirds of a beam style compressor
- Reliable compressors with minimal maintenance required in service
Dry Gas Seals
Siemens Energy Dry Gas Seals provide the best overall compressor performance and emissions reduction, with technology that reduces fugitive methane emissions by up to 50% compared to competitive dry gas seal solutions.
- Proven technology: 2,200+ references, more than 30M+ hours in-field operating hours
- API 692 compliant design
- Elimination of seal oil consumption, leakages, contamination and other maintenance costs associated with wet seals
- Cost reduction and increased productivity by reducing unscheduled shutdowns
- Hassle-free, quick installation due to state-of-the-art design
- Gas seal and compressor design by the same OEM enables design and performance optimization
- Ability to provide customized solutions to meet challenging design conditions
- Network of global service centers provide a single point of contact for compressor troubleshooting and maintenance
Our Recompression solution via an electric motor-driven reciprocating compressor provides the capability to capture methane leakage across gas seals for injection back into the process gas stream. Depending on the design of the compressor station, the recovered gas could potentially be injected into the fuel inlet for the gas turbine or an onsite electrical generator, or used as heating fuel.
- Up to 100% capture of fugitive emissions
- Captures blowdown emissions during station depressurization, scheduled maintenance activities and planned shutdowns
- Scalability - one recompression system can be used for multiple centrifugal compressors operating in the same service
- Allows operators to meet or exceed current regulations
- Easily installed on a greenfield project or retrofitted